Exmoor Farm Cottages
Luxury self catering accommodation in the heart of the beautiful Exmoor National Park
About ExmoorSites you may wish to visit include
- www.wheddoncross.org.uk - for all local information & businesses.
- www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk - information about and activities on Exmoor National Park.
- www.everythingexmoor.org.uk - good information page for 'everything' on and around Exmoor.
- www.dunster.org.uk - informatiion about this medieval town with it's Castle,Tithe Barn & Yarn Market. Only 8 miles from Exmoor Farm Cottages.
- www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holnicote-estate - information about activities and interest on the estate. The main estate house is approximately 5.5 miles from the cottages. Dunkery Beacon, the highest point on Exmoor is part of the estate. A 10 minute walk to open moorland: if you wish to gain the beacon a futher 20 minute uphill walk.
- www.swlakestrust.org.uk/lakes-and-facilities/the-lakes/ - further information about sailing & fishing at Wimbleball lake, only a 20 minute drive from Exmoor Farm Cottages.
- www.darkskytelescopehire.co.uk/exmoor-dark-sky-experience/ - for those wishing to star gaze Exmoor National Park has been designated the first International Dark Sky Reserve in Europe.
- www.pompyscycles.co.uk - anyone wishing to hire a bike or bike products this shop is based close by in Minehead.
- www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/port/minehead/ - would you like to go sea fishing? Follow this link to see the choice of fishing charter boats that go out from Minehead.
- www.theguardian.com/travel/2012/may/30/10-best-pubs-north-devon - this speaks for itself. A number of pubs in the feature are wiithin a 40 minute drive of Exmoor Farm Cottages, a couple only 15 to 20 minutes away.
- www.restandbethankful.co.uk - our local
- www.tarrfarm.co.uk/ - located close to the famous Tarr Steps Clapper bridge which was thought to origionally date from 1000BC.
- www.nearestbeach.co.uk/dog-friendly/somerset - want to walk your dog on a beach. These two sites will help you find the closest. On the 'gooddog guide site it will tell you about North Devon, Braunton/ Saunton etc. On the 'nearestbeach' site you will see 4 places at Minehead & 2 at Williton both less than 20 minutes away.
- www.mineheadgolf.co.uk - only a short drive from Exmoor Farm Cottages, situated right by the sea claims to be 'a combination of classic links course with a parkland twist'. Check out this site for full information. If you want to play on a championship course then try out Saunton Sands course --
- www.sauntongolf.co.uk - just one hour away
- www.tauntonracecourse.co.uk - fancy a day at the races, this is a beautiful National Hunt racecourse. Very friendly, relaxed atmospher. check out their site for dates and times.
- www.boroughfarm.co.uk - weekly sheepdog and falconry dispalys on Wednesdays 6pm from May 27th to September 2nd. Also 'shepherding experience' on Thursday evenings fro May 28th -September 24th. Although Borough Farm is 58 minutes from Exmoor Farm Cottages we highly recomend a day exploring the beeches around Woolacombe and Croyde, then calling in to see Davids displays in the evening
- www.exmoorwalkingfestival.co.uk - if you want to discover more about exmoor on foot this site may be of interest. Organised walks throughout the year
Agricultural Shows 2015 - all within an hours drive
- www.devoncountyshow.co.uk - 17th - 19th May 2018(1 1/4 hours drive away)
- www.middevonshow.co.uk - 28th July 2018 ( 45 minutes drive away)
- www.dunstercountryfair.co.uk - 25th July 2018( 20 minutes drive away)
- www.porlockhorseshow.org.uk - 29th July 2018 (20 minutes drive away)
- www.northdevonshow.com - 1st August 2018 (1 hours drive away)
- www.exfordshow.co.uk - 8th August 2018 ( 20 minuetes drive away/ specialist Exmoor poney classes)
- www.thedunstershow.co.uk - 17th August 2018 (20 minutes drive away)